Thursday 7 April 2016

Optimism and the little things

There have been many times throughout my life where I hit some pretty low points. It's only really in the past two years where I really felt I could be more optimistic than I used to. Being optimistic does have its perks, especially when the people you care most about are feeling down. Trying to see something good or positive in their situations can sometimes help show them the bigger picture. 

I always try to see the good in everyone and everything, mainly because there usually is something. Admittedly some things are harder to find good in than others!! I feel like if you see the good as well as the bad in things it helps you see the world isn't always against you. And despite the awful things that may be going on, there are things that make you restore your faith in humanity. 

Not only this but I try to find the little things in life that help cheer you up. Because like they say its the little things in life that make it worthwhile. It could be anything from a hug, a text, or even a Sunny day. I took a few pictures to show only a few of mine:

Learning to play new songs on the keyboard. It took me about 2 hours to learn the chorus of Let it Go from Frozen. To some that seems an incredibly long time to learn, but my memory and co-ordination is terrible so its an achievement in itself. 

 Haribo Tangfastics are by far the best sweets to eat when you want to watch a movie and just chill out. Fizzy sweets in general really..

 I was in Sheffield last week, and went to Edale in the Peak District, Going on long muddy walks with some amazing company is by far the best way to enjoy some peace and quiet. The picture below was where we sat (on the only bench for miles) for lunch.

To many these things are nothing, but to me these are the little things that give my life that extra sparkle. 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment