Saturday 16 January 2016

Anxiety: Overthinking

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you are struggling. Sometimes there's that voice in your head telling you that you should curl up in a corner and hide from the world, another one saying you aren't worth it and another one saying you should give up. All of which leads to a pretty noisy head.

I always joke that I can do things if I can convince my brain. Its pretty accurate really, the more I tell myself I can do it, the more likely I am able to do things. This can be anything from going to the shops, to going out with friends. Going to the shop is something alot of people take for granted, but when you worry to the point where you can't leave the house. This is when many people will sit back and think, how can you be scared of going to the shop? For me its not necessarily the shop that triggers my anxiety but more the amount of people that will be there. I hate feeling like I'm trapped and feeling like I'm being judged. Again to many this seems completely irrational, and maybe it is. But for me it can stop me from leaving my house and if I do, my heart races and my whole body tenses.

Overthinking can damage relationships, because you are forever analysing everything and wondering why something has or hasn't happened. And I'm doing everything to try and do this a little less everyday. Talking to someone you trust is usually a good start, a best friend, family member anyone who knows your story and can be there for you. Talking not only takes some weight off your shoulders, it makes you feel wanted.

Another thing I do is take recue remedy, this calms me down enough to ease some thoughts (I'll do a review blog soon!). This is also great if you tend to overthink before bed, alongside this I listen to an audiobook. Being read to helps you sleep quickly, and it reminds me of being younger. I listen to anything that's on my iPod and put it on loop in case I wake up again in the night.

Sorry this one as a bit wordy, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment