Sunday 13 December 2015

Blogmas: Day Thirteen- Favourite Christmas memory

I have two favourite memories, the first I was around 8 years old. It was Christmas Eve and I was super excited that Santa was coming soon so of course had an early night. I woke up in the middle of the night, because for some reason I always do every night, and could have sworn I heard bells from Santa's sleigh. That morning when we went downstairs I was more convinced than ever that Santa was real as the milk had been drunk and biscuits eaten. I would love for when I have a family that my child would believe in something that much that they can hear sleigh bells or think they can see or hear Santa.

So my next memory has drama, a sledge, snow and Bradgate Park. I'm from Leicester and there's several parks, one of which being Bradgate Park, it's still one of my favourite places. There are deer roaming freely and Old John which is a building that I think looks like an upside down cup.
I haven't got a picture on my phone or in any of my photo albums so had to get one from Google..

Anyway.. I was about 10 years old and it snowed alot, which is unusual in England, especially Leicester, so we drove down to there and decided to go sledging. Me being the wimp I was asked mum to go down the hill with me on the sledge. Everything was going great until we got about halfway down the hill where we hit a rock and I fell off. That would have been fine if mum fell off too.. But of course she didn't and accidently ran me over with the sledge. Thinking back it's absolutely hilarious, but at the time I was like mum..Why didn't you stop? Which is still a running joke we have even now, and I often joke I'm left terrified of sledging because of her (I'm not just to point out).
 
Hope you enjoyed my memories, today's been relatively anxiety free, had to do some more Christmas shopping and people tend to be a bit more rude and less open to moving out the way.
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment